Tooth Removal and Teeth Extraction in Kailua, HI
Occasionally, our patients may need a tooth extraction. Tooth extraction is often our last resort when attempting to maintain good oral health and is only decided on if the tooth is unsalvageable. Dr. Dang may recommend a tooth extraction for one or more of the following reasons:
- Your tooth or the area affected by the tooth may be infected or be at risk for infection if the tooth is not removed
- You have advanced periodontal disease that has damaged the bone associated with the tooth, resulting in a loose tooth
- Your tooth has significant damage or decay that cannot be resolved with a root canal
- In order to effectively prepare your teeth for realignment prior to orthodontic treatment
- Your tooth (or the wisdom teeth) is either partially or fully impacted
Extraction takes just one appointment at our Kailua, HI dental practice to complete. During the procedure, you will be anesthetized to ensure optimal comfort. After the extraction has been finished, it is important to follow the instructions given by Dr. Dang in order to maintain optimal oral health. Should you have any questions, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Dang, please give our office a call today.